Baralaba North Mine
The Baralaba North Mine is an open cut coal mine located in the Bowen Basin, approximately 3 km North of Baralaba in central Queensland.
Baralaba North Mine produces an ULV PCI product using owner supplied excavators & trucks. Coal is crushed and screened on site, transported via road-trains 60km to the company’s TLO east of Moura, then railed to Gladstone Port for export.
Golding’s scope includes:
- Mining of overburden and the steeply dipping coal seams;
- Operation and maintenance of the owner supplied mining fleets;
- Operation and maintenance of the coal handling plant,
- Backfilling & rehabilitation of the previous mine voids;
- Site supervision and statutory responsibilities, and
- Operation and maintenance of the Baralaba town accommodation camp for mine workers.
2020 production levels are expected to be 26 million bcm of waste and 1.8Mt of Coal.
Golding have maintained flexible working relationships to accommodate the variability in mining conditions and production profile, while also focusing on safety, productivity and continuous improvement.